Saturday, 18 July 2015

She's here...

I have a daughter.

I am a mummy.

No words can describe the significance of these two sentences.

All I can say is...it was worth it. It was worth everything. And, I love her.

For those still on your journey I think of you all the time. I'm so sorry you are still waiting...and trying...and crying. I've been there and I will never forget it.

This will be my last blog post. I hope my words can offer something to someone out there in the big wide world who is looking for information that will help them on their infertility journey. I know I often sought comfort from the words of others online when those around me couldn't understand, or help.

Best of luck whoever you are. I hope you get everything you've dreamed of...because dreams can come true. I'm staring at mine right now.

2 comments:

  1. I read your blogs while I was trying to conceive for two years, after my lap I fell pregnant naturally and I kept checking your blogs to see how you were getting on. Casper turned 1 in March and I am so so happy to read that your dream has come true too. You don't know who I am and I don't know who you are but we shared something significant. I went through a pretty bad bout of pnd last year, something that probably had to do with a combination of infertility, early pregnancy bleeding, illness, and an extremely drawn out birth. After having longer for a baby for so long my expectations were sky high and I wasn't prepared for the upheaval and sleep deprivation that comes with a new born, I am sure you know what I mean. I live in the UK and received fantastic care from the National Health Service, my partner, my family and friends. Throughout I felt guilty that I was crumbling under the experience I had wished for for so long. I am well now, very happy, enjoying being a mum and along with sometimes wishing it was nap/bed time :) extremely grateful for what I have received. If anything, we will never take them for granted xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations my friend!!

    -Mindy

    ReplyDelete