Tuesday 18 June 2013

Life goes on...

I always try and steer myself away from writing depressing, self-pity posts (even when it gets really rough) but I'm not going to lie...infertility sucks. BFN's suck. IVF is hard. Not being pregnant is harder. The rollercoaster of emotions is a hugely unpleasant ride and I find it difficult to remember the time before all of this when life was simple. When looking forward to an event or party was the biggest thing happening in my life. I find myself wondering what I even did before we started trying to conceive? What did I like doing? What made me the happiest? I've always been a person with big goals and plans and it is so frustrating waiting, waiting, waiting.....This whole process is by far the hardest thing I've experienced yet I know that there are so many people experiencing far worse. People that would love to have my life. I hate to be ungrateful and so I make a concious effort to remind myself how lucky I am to have a job, a house, a husband, and food on the table. It would be so great to know for sure that we will definitely have children so we can get off the "what if" train and just enjoy life while we wait as the uncertainty is a killer! But life has to go on and so we are both focusing on being healthy and doing whatever we can to try and make the next IVF a success. Best of luck to any of you out there who are trying to conceive no matter how far you are into the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment