Tuesday 20 August 2013

Triggered last night and egg retrieval tomorrow :)

I can't believe egg retrieval is tomorrow! After our first IVF cycle I thought it would feel like FOREVER before we were back in this place but I'm pleased to say that the last three months have gone relatively quickly. I went in for my stim scan (ultrasound) yesterday and was pleased that they found 17 follicles. I had been worried that nothing was growing as I wasn't feeling as bloated as I did during my first IVF cycle. My endometrial lining was 6mm (not as high as I thought) and most of my follicles were around 13mm. The lead follicle was 17mm and as I am not taking a suppressant I was told to trigger last night for egg retrieval tomorrow morning so I don't ovulate before they aspirate the follicles. I'm worried that the follicles aren't big enough and that we won't get enough mature eggs but we'll just have to wait and see. I hope they have all grown a bit more since yesterday. So now we are just hoping against hope that we will have some nice embryos and are able to transfer one back. It's a nerve-wracking time but I'm trying to stay as relaxed as possible. Will keep you posted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment