Thursday 20 March 2014

We lost 10 :(

I'm so upset. Yesterday we had 19 embryos but today I got the bad news that 10 had arrested. Only one of the remaining 9 embryos was an 8-cell with the others at 6-cell, 5-cell and 4-cell. The 8-cell isn't excellent quality with approximately 1/3 fragmentation. Sigh. Infertility is such a roller coaster. I was so happy yesterday and was actually starting to think we might end up with multiple blastocysts. Now I just hope we'll have something for transfer on Sunday. I've been nauseated all day from the Cabergoline but luckily my doctor is happy for me to stop it as I don't seem to be showing any signs of OHSS. My lower back is very sore from my progestone in oil (PIO) intramuscular injection but I think it may be more painful because I am trying to do them myself and I wiggle the needle around a bit trying to get a good hand position. So today I'm flat. My husband is missing his sporting grand final on Saturday so that we can head to Melbourne the day before transfer. If we make it down there and pay for travel, accommodation, food and acupuncture only to find out we have nothing to transfer I'll be absolutely devastated. I just hope we have some good news from the embryologist tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment