Friday 17 February 2012

Seeing the funny side of TTC

Over the past 7 months I have had many days of sadness and despair. The day or two leading up to my period I get particularly teary and when AF arrives for sure I usually have a good cry. I could probably keep it in if I tried but it generally feels better to let it all out. It's always hard to face the new month thinking that the rising hope and the disappointing lows may happen all over again. I honestly can't imagine how people do this for 1,2,3 or more years...I truly have respect for their strength and ability to bounce back again and again. I hate not knowing when it will happen for us but for some reason I feel more relaxed and positive this month than I have for a while. Tonight I'm watching FRIENDS repeats on TV as it always puts me in a better mood. Monica and Chandler are trying to get pregnant and it is making me look at some of the wackiness of TTC in a more humerous way. I'm smiling at the recollection that I really didn't want to start charting my BBT because I thought that the thermometer went somewhere other than my mouth! I'm also remembering the time at work when I needed to check my LH levels with a OPK and realised I didn't have a urine collection cup. I had to hide my giggles as I tried to use the empty OPK packet as a replacement! I try not to laugh when I'm in one of the many akward positions my husband has seen me in trying to keep my legs in the air after baby-dancing. Buying pregnancy tests at the same time as tampons is also a bit funny as well when I really think about it- although I always cringe at the time. Overall, the TTC journey is definitely a roller-coaster but I'm hoping to look at the process in a more humorous light in an effort to stay positive and see the funny side in it all. I thought I'd end this post with a little joke to hopefully make you smile:
How many TTC couples does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Screw in a lightbulb? Hmmmm....do you think it would help?
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment